Tuesday 5 March 2019

Sweet (Shiny) Sixteen


Today is my daughter's 16th birthday! I had a ton of fun making this foiled card using my new Gemini Foil Press. 

You can get the Gemini Jr, Foil Press and the Confetti border foil stamp at Ellen Hutson (direct links below), but the number stamps are a little more tricky. They are going to be available tomorrow here in Canada on The Shopping Channel (my friend Jennifer is the Crafter's Companion presenter!!).

The numbers (and of course there is an alphabet as well) are really neat because they are actually partial numbers, and they come with a stamp that fits into the spaces.

I placed the 1 and 6 onto my foil press, making sure they were lined up straight. I used Aurora foil and then ran them through the Gemini Jr. 

I stamped the flowers around the 1 and then quickly realized that my 6 was too close, and the corresponding flowers wouldn't fit. After I panicked, I realized that I could just mask the stamped 1 flowers and then stamp the 6 flowers. In the end, I think I like it better this way; I feel like it's a 16 rather than a 1 next to a 6, if you know what I mean.

I used pale gray ink to stamp the flowers so I could do some no-line Copic colouring. I added detail with my Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencils. 

For the background, I used the Confetti Border Foil Stamp and just ran my panel through the Foil Press a few times, moving the Foil Stamp, until the panel was covered.




Here's a quick video of the foiling process.



4 comments:

  1. Ardyth your colouring of these flowers is simply stunning, just love the pencil detail. The 16 looks amazing and perfectly placed. Cant wait to check out these numbers but then do I need to buy another machine.....oh the things we have to do to create :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Happy birthday to Kate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a stunner. Love love love this. Top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! This is stunning, Ardyth. You may had trouble doing it but the final result is just perfect and so striking. What a gorgeous card for your daughter, I'm sure she loved it. Your colouring on these pretty flowers is so amazing. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.