Wednesday 6 February 2019

Happy Birthday, Joy


Today is my niece's 3rd birthday! I chose a design with all the colours she loves and a super sweet birthday-bear, and I made another design choice that may be less obvious.

I used the stitched scallop die from  Stacked Edges 1  but I placed them on the card sideways and coloured them in such a way that it looks a little like a bunch of 3's! I started by cutting them, and then I used Post-it tape to mask each '3' before blending Catherine Pooler ink on with a sponge dauber.

Next, I coloured the Bear from Cupcake Critters, leaving him mostly white, but using matching Copic markers for his cupcake and hat.

For the sentiment, I used the curvy/landscape die from Stacked Edges 1 and then cut the edge using the stitched scallop die so that it would match the scallop edge perfectly.

I stamped Celebrate from Everyday Greetings on it and then popped it up over the scallops before adding the bear.

I used jewels from Party Mix, Sugar Plum Mix and Valentine Mix for some sparkle.


2 comments:

  1. How can Joy possibly be THREE already! :o I'm sure she will love this bright and fun card. And the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initially I saw books in the background, not 3's... what a sweet card Ardyth.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.