Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year (and some news!)


Good morning! Happy 2019! I wish you all a very happy and healthy year ahead!

I have some exciting news - I'm joining the Design Team at Pretty Pink Posh! I'm delighted to be part of such a talented group of designers and working with such fun products!

I figured a 'hello' theme would be perfect as an introduction.

I started with a 4.25x5.5" panel of white cardstock. I chose 3 leaves from Cherry Blossoms and placed them on an acrylic block before stamping them randomly over the panel, turning my block. I then coloured them with a selection of Copic markers, including a deep shadow underneath each leaf to add some dimension.

Once I was happy with all the colouring, I cut the panel with the double-stitched rectangle die from Stitched Notes. Then I coloured the 'white' space on the frame with a dark gray Copic. The frame was adhered directly to my card base and the interior panel was popped up with foam tape.

For my sentiment, I chose to use just the hello portion of the Hello Shaker die. I was undecided about which colour I wanted, so I cut 3 and coloured one with my red marker, one with my aqua marker and one with the same dark gray I had used for the frame. In the end, the dark gray was the most legible, but I didn't let the rest go to waste, I used them in my stack to give the sentiment some dimension.

For a fun finishing touch, I added portions of the shaker frames to the frame of the panel before scattering some Metallic Gold Jewels over the card for sparkle and shine.


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ardyth. I love seeing your stuff and I love PPP's products so this is a win win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new gig! Way to start 2019. Happy new year ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop whoop! Huge congrats and I LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Ardyth! Love PPP and your card is beautiful. Can't wait to see your creations for 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Ardyth, I love your work and look forward to seeing your PPP designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cryptocurrency works as real money to buy mobile recharge in america, canada, india and worldwide. Top up phone with bitcoin is fine art for this purpose, top up phone with bitcoins, just do not miss the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really does have a lot of dimension, Ardyth, and color too. I love it. Congrats on being part of the PPP team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the new DT spot Ardyth... I love your card, that dark grey on the frame is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.