Sunday 30 December 2018

FS621 - Season's Greetings


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper Barb (aka Amisjag). I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Barb's:
-holly/berry theme
-Season's Greetings sentiment
-dots

I changed:
-technique (from stencil to faux watercolour)
-grey card base
-more white space
-fewer layers


I don't know whether to call this my last Christmas card of 2018 or my first one for 2019! lol! After Christmas, I rounded up all the stamp sets I bought this year that didn't get used on Christmas cards, so that I can be sure to use them first in 2019. This fabulous Layered Holly set from Stamplorations (along with Layered Mistletoe and Layered Poinsettia) was one. I love the artistic look of the simple shapes included in this set.

I used a faux-watercolour technique by placing the 3 holly leaves on the door of my MISTI before inking them up with Lime Rickey ink, spritzing with water and then pressing onto watercolour cardstock. I re-inked just the edges with Spruce ink to give some colour variation and depth.

Then I did a similar technique with the berries, using Rockin' Red and then Grape Crush ink.

I went back and forth about whether to use the outline stamps but decided in the end to leave it as is and get a similar look to my inspiration. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.

The cardbase is Slate, and I used the berry stamp to make my 'dots' around the edges with Black Jack ink. I think the tone-on-tone stamping adds some texture and interest, similar to Barb's polka dot ribbon and dry embossed background.

I used:


1 comment:

  1. Love the simplicity of the design of this stunning card Ardyth, and the wonderful way you incorporated the variation of colours
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.