Monday 14 January 2019

Happy Birthday Wishes


This is a flash back to some of my favourites in the early 2018 Essentials by Ellen releases. This interactive card is for my dad's birthday, and a plate of fortune cookies is a perfect way to wish him a happy birthday!

I started with the Fortune Cookie dies. I cut them from white cardstock and blended Antique Linen Distress Ink, and Over Coffee Catherine Pooler ink over them, darkening certain areas to give some dimension.

 I die-cut and stamped the 'fortune' as well.

Then I played around for quite a while with how to present the cookies. I started down a very Chinese red-and-gold path, which was fun, but I felt like it might be a bit much for my very understated dad.

I turned to my go-to circle mat on a square card and had a little brainstorm! I cut the circle with one die, then chose a much smaller circle and just embossed it in the centre to make a little plate! I took the 'birthday' and 'wishes' sentiments from Totally Random Sayings Vol 2, curved them on my acrylic block and stamped them on the ridge of the 'plate'.

Finally, for the background, I did some tone-on-tone stamping using the Happy from Totally Random Sayings Vol 2, with Black Jack ink on Slate cardstock. I put the whole thing onto an Oyster card base.

And although my dad is really not a 'sparkly' guy,  I couldn't leave it completely plain - I found these tiny gold iridescent star sequins at Target and added a few. Here's a link to some Studio Katia sequins that are similar.



I used:


5 comments:

  1. What a fun card and I'll bet there will be lots of cases in the cardmaking world of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius as always! Love the plate and the perfect inking on the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.


    Custom Packaging Boxes

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.