Monday 8 October 2018

MCV110 - Peace through a Winter Window


Here's my card for this week's Muse: ChristmasVisions, where our inspiration is from Cornelia:


I actually made a card that would fit this inspiration perfectly a while ago, with a galaxy sky.

So this time I went in a differen direction and focused on Cornelia's:
-dark trees
-white 'dots' in the sky (hers are stars, my are snow)
-sloped landscpe
-peace sentiment

I really had intended to make a dark blue night sky, but I fell in love with the monochrome look of all that gray!

I used the new Essentials by Ellen Winter Window die along with the Snowfall Backdrop cover plate. I finished with a solid (retired - sorry) sentiment from MFT, stamped on one of the off cuts from the window die. Clever, right?

Here's another card where I only used the off cuts from the window frame, along with one of the tree dies that comes with the set.


For this one, I coloured two of the rectangles with red Copics. I took a sentiment from Mondo Holly, and split it up and stamped it on the other two rectangles.

I die cut 2 trees and glued them to the red rectangles before coating them with Stickles for sparkle.

I cut a square out of black cardstock and arranged the 'windows' on it. I love the geometric feel of this arrangement.

I used:


6 comments:

  1. Love your window scene and way to go making use of those extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the clean and simple style of your cards, Ardyth. - I particularly like the second one with the red touch and the beautiful lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pair of cards! Crisp and clean! neat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh I love that grey card! Your interpretation of the challenge card is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so sweet...love your wonderful window and the snow falling. so pretty! love your merry and bright too, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the graphic nature of your cards!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.