Monday 27 August 2018

MCV107 - HOHOHO


OMG, can you even stand how cute this Santa die is? This is my card for the current Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, where Lindsey gave us this festive inspiration with a very realistic sentiment:


I focused on Lindsey's:
-Santa
-green stamped background
-ho,ho,ho sentiment
-glitter

I just got this Santa die from A Jillian Vance Design and was really excited to give it a try. I cut all the pieces out of white cardstock. I blended Catherine Pooler Inks onto his hat, using Rockin' Red all over and then the darker red, Peppermint Scrub on the left side.

I coloured his face with my E30 Copic marker, and gave him some pink cheeks and coloured his nose with R00. Don't you love how his moustache lifts up for some dimension? There's another piece that cuts out of the centre of the beard, so you can make it a shaker. I'll have to try that soon.

I stamped the Holly background with Lime Rickey ink, and created my own Ho, from a 'Holiday' stamp from Poinsettia greetings. I stamped it with Midnight ink.

Then, there's pretty much a whole bottle of Stickles on his hat's 'fur' - I waited over 2 hours and it still wasn't quite dry for assembly and the photo!  But I wanted dimension as well as sparkle and it will dry. Eventually! lol!


I used:

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Santa and a wonderful card Ardyth
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was all ready to leave a comment here last night, when the thunderstorm knocked the power out! But I'm back to say how delightfully cute this is. Your Santa is adorable, and I really like the strip of holly down the centre. (I didn't use as thick a layer of Stickles as you, but that could be because I'm running low on icicle Stickles. :P)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.