Tuesday 10 July 2018

Essentials by Ellen July Release - Inner Mermaid


Good morning! I'm here with a card using the new set Inner Mermaid, from Essentials by Ellen and available in the shop now (links are below)! I paired it with the previously-released Mermaid's Tail and 5 different Wow! Embossing Powders to create a magical scene from "Under the Sea"!

I created my underwater scene using the same technique as a Galaxy Sky - layers of Catherine Pooler ink over top of each other so that you can see each colour peeking through.

I added two different sparkly embossing powders to the top and bottom edges by smooshing Versamark ink along them.

I stamped the mermaid tails with Versamark and embossed with (get this) Mermaid Tails embossing powder - it's so sparkly and pretty! For the shells and starfish, I used a sparkly gold embossing powder. The tails and shells were all watercoloured with Catherine Pooler Inks.

Before adhering the images to the ocean panel, I coloured the white edges with Copic markers that matched the area of the background that they were on.

The sentiment was embossed in white and I cut out the bubbles with the die from Mermaid tails to add a bit of white to the card to break up all the dark 'water' a bit. The whole panel was adhered to a white cardbase.





4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I really enjoyed watching your how-to video! My wishlist just grew a bit longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth … this is the card that the term 'fin-tastic' was made for! SO extraordinarily beautiful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - thanks for the video - great to be able to see how you work and the get the awesome results you do - and thanks for the tip about marking the tops of your ep jars :-).
    An awesome card Ardyth!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the background complexity- colors, textures, sparkle! It turned out GREAT! I LOVE IT! Thank you for the great step-by-step instructions. I'm going to try to make an underwater scene... wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.