Friday 11 May 2018

Muse 265 - Hooray!


Here's my card for this week's Muse Card Club, where Anita gave us a birthday inspiration on her birthday!


I focused on Anita's:
-colours
-'layered' sentiment
-celebration theme

I started by blending Aquatini, Something Borrowed and Flirty Fuschia inks from Catherine Pooler on a panel, fading them out to white. I spritzed the panel with drops of water.

Then I cut the Hooray sentiment in Catherine Pooler Smoke and the shadow in white (I also did it in the reverse to see which arrangement I liked better, but with all the colour, I needed some white space!).

I cut the bottom edge of the blended panel with the shadow die so that the sentiment would fit into the blended panel and then decided to pop up the Hooray. Then I decided to add more to my sentiment. Next, I decided to cut out the Seeing Stars die from the panel and when that was done, I decided to lay the stars back into the panel, popping them up. It was a little fiddly, but I like the subtle texture. Finally, I coated the smoke Hooray in Disco Ball Stickles (silver with colourful sparkle in it). 






7 comments:

  1. Love those colours together Ardyth, and this card just 'sings' to me!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where you went with this. The colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love it Ardyth, the coldies the design brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on Anita's card, Ardyth! I love the stars with your rich, bold colors and your sentiment is perfect...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Ardyth. Love that blend of colours and the shimmer from the black in the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and inspirational, Ardyth. There go those fantastic inks to tempt me. Love how you used them.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.