Sunday 20 May 2018

EH ColourTrend/FS589 - Happy Birthday



Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Wanda (aka wendy2512). I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Wanda's:
-square card of squares
-purple and green
-heart embellishments

I changed:
-added pink and peach
-added a die cut sentiment
-stamped rather than cut pieces of paper

I started by stamping my background, using the new Essentials by Ellen Plaid Maker set. I used a combination of Catherine Pooler inks that I saw Julie use here. This overlapping stamping idea is also one I saw Julie use. Julie's my hero. Can you tell? lol!

Then, I made an amazing discovery! There are so many words in the Essentials by Ellen Block Words die set that you pretty much get the whole alphabet - look!



And when I showed my Ellen Hutson Design Ambassador teammates the other day, they came up with even more geniousity!

- cut the O or G to make a C
-cut the A to make a V

Do you see why I love being part of this team?! They're so creative and supportive!

'Happy' comes with the set, but I was able to make 'Birthday' with letters from the other words. I used the new Essentials by Ellen Slate Gray cardstock - it is smooth and the perfect weight for a card base!

And I'm linking up to the current Colour Trend (previously Pin-Sights) challenge on the CLASSroom blog:



Here's a link to a video showing the process:




I used:



2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. ANd the hints are useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip on the new set... and a lovely card! THANKS.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.