Monday 21 August 2017

In Honour of the Solar Eclipse...

Please scroll down for my SugarPea Sweet Peeks Week Day 1 post.



I had some fun yesterday making a solar eclipse card. Of course there are no sentiments made for this precise occasion since it happens so rarely so I made one from parts of several different stamps from various sets. It seemed appropriate to comment on the 'specialness' of the day.

I started by sponging a 'sun' of Tiara ink, and then stamped a 'moon' from Spot On (from the Foundations Box) in Midnight directly over it. To complete my focal panel, I created the rest of the sentiment using stamps from I Pick You and Good Things (Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval collection). I cut it using a Dotted Circle die and offset a shadow behind it.  I blended a 'sky' panel using It's a Boy, and spritzed it with water for interest and colour variation.

I used:

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that such a brilliant card to make,in honour of the eclipse! Great sponging and your background is perfect for the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ardyth ~ Fun and creative card to honor the solar eclipse today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent use of the inspiration of the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.