Saturday 28 May 2016

FS486 - Happy Birthday


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Melanie (aka StitchesandSmudges) and I'm the hostess! Melanie's gallery has a wide variety of styles and techniques and lots of really fun cards to case! I chose this one as my inspiration:



I focused on Melanie's:
-use of negative space from a die cut
-pattern and colour under a white panel (including a frame around the white panel)
-green die cut
-script sentiment

I changed:
-butterfly to flower
-stamped background to watercoloured
-stamped sentiment rather than die cut

I used:
-Hero Arts Flower die
-Avery Elle Sentiment
-MFT Stamps balloon string die(stem) and leaf die
-Ken Oliver Colorburst powders to create my background

9 comments:

  1. Your watercolor background is gorgeous. And I love the large flower negative die. Your card really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a vibrant and beautiful card Ardyth. Love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and summery and I love that pink enamel dot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The phrase 'fresh as a daisy' comes to mind, Ardyth ... so pretty with the pink dotty centre ... and the background's dreamy! Happy Birthday, mon amie! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the summerly flower cards I see at your blog recently. This die-cut version is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning - wonderful colours - just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness pal...you change gears effortlessly! From bold & graphic (your Merry Christmas card) to soft & pretty! GORGEOUS colors, beautifully shaded!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this card. Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.