Tuesday 8 September 2015

CASology 163 - Moon


This week's CASology Cue Card is Moon



Now I'm pretty sure we want you to keep all your clothes on while working on this cue card , but hey, if you have the right stamps, go as risque as you wish! lol! (actually, go check out Melissa's card!)

As soon as I saw the circles in the new PTI Brushed Off stamp set, I thought of a moon on a cloudy night. Once I stamped it in Hero Arts Unicorn White on Black cardstock, I thought it looked like a good Halloween moon - kind of spooky. But I wanted a romantic moon. So I turned the stamp around and stamped it again to complete the circle. And it's got 'craters' and everything! I love how it turned out!

I didn't think that the sentiment (old MFT set "Move Me") would look as good stamped in white on black, so I used only a strip of the black, allowing me to stamp the sentiment in black on white.

Now it's your turn - we can't wait to see how you're inspired! The rest of the DT has some inspiration for you as well - check it out!

14 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you made that moon--very clever. I need to sort through my NBUS and find that stamp set. Pretty sure it's in my craft room somewhere. Love how your card design and the sentiment all work so perfectly well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... I resemble that remark!!! LOve your moon, Ardyth!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Your moon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative Arduth! I think it looks exactly as you described. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go check out that stamp set and you're right - what a perfect Halloween moon! Love how you layered it here to give it so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the moon...with all the craters, gullies and texture! Seriously looks like a picture that would be featured on the "Planet Earth" show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That moon is absolutely amazing! Gorgeous card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a real Moon Ardyth
    I still thinking which stamp is fit for thie Moon challenge cue card
    I am still confused hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not surprised you love this moon, Ardyth ... it's fantastic ... seems I could reach out and touch it! Hugs & Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR MOON is so real
    looks like a real one and I adore your idea Ardyth
    you are a clever card maker
    I always happy to visiting your CASology card
    and I joined this time the Moon challenge
    hope you like to visiting my card
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one very cool moon...I love the way you stamped it, it looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very cool black and white CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Ardyth!! I love your moon!! It is so realistic!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.