Friday 26 June 2015

Watercolour Thank you


This card started as a card for the current Fusion challenge - I watercoloured a panel in pinks and yellows but couldn't figure out where the big black and turquoise element should come in (my brain is fried from all the end-of-school activities, but now that school is done, I'm hoping for more time and more creativity).

Anyway, I'm happy with this simple, pretty thank you (and now thinking I will use it for a set for the piano teacher). I started by watercolouring with Kuretake Gansai Tambi and cutting the smaller of the two Hero Arts flowers from that. I cut the larger flower from a white panel and inlaid the smaller one into the bigger one. I like the 'halo' effect. I finished the flower with a sparkly Doodlebug enamel dot and added a Simon Says Stamp sentiment.

Yesterday was Struan's 16th birthday. We spent the morning getting him his G-1 driving license (learner's permit). He's pretty happy about that!


18 comments:

  1. Busy busy busy. Oh fun at the DMV. They had me in tears with my kids. Just love the white flower and pop of water coloring Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Struan! Love your card too Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous CAS card Ardyth! I love your water colored flower. How fun, well maybe not so much for you, but for Struan that he got his driving permit! I've been through it with 6 boys and lets just say that I'm glad that they are all grown now and I don't have to do it anymore. lol It is a huge milestone for the kids and a start of independence. Congrats to Struan!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Ardyth, so pretty! Congrats to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Ardyth, pretty blend of colours on the petals. Congrats to Struan on this milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the water colored flower with its halo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooooo incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Struan! Now the fun begins!

    Love the colors of your inked flower - so soft! Great sentiment too. I really like the halo effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Sruan! It was also my sweet grandson Christopher's birthday too. Learner's permit. A bit scary for mom and dad, but when he can take over some of his own 'runs', you'll be so thankful! And what a pretty flower. LOVE that watercolored flower. The colors work so well together. And I like the bigger one in white. Nice font on that sentiment too. I like a good font... Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Struan...how exciting to get his permit on his birthday. Beautiful card too...love your sweet flower, the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that watercoloured daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing how you made a watercolour card still CAS. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deliciously pretty, Ardyth ... LOVE! Had a smile at your brain being fried ... I'm in good company!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Struan ... cool step getting his Learners Permit! Bon dimanche ... bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. Love the soft colors you combined. Congrats to your son on getting his driver's permit. I think I have that ahead of me pretty soon for both of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.