Monday 29 June 2015

MCV8 - Joy to the World


This week, Lydia is our Guest Designer at Muse: ChristmasVisions. Way back when I first started blogging, Lydia called me to become a member of the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen. That was my very first DT Gig! Lydia is funny, kind, full of encouragement and extremely very super talented - she will always hold a special place in my heart!



I admit that I gave up on Lydia's colours early on and went a little more traditional, by using Stampin' Up Poppy Parade and MFT Limelight.

I changed the shape too, but I think by inlaying the circles this way, I created a similar effect to the diagonal stripes. I used a Stampin' Up row of stars die. I finished with an Altenew sentiment - similar to Lydia's because it is a mix of script and text.

I hope we'll see you play along this week - the deadline is Wednesday at 8 am. At that time you can vote for your 3 stars, and the results will be posted on Thursday at noon. Hope to see you there!

18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blend of traditional colours and sentiment with a cool, graphic and groovy design, Ardyth ... love that touch of shimmer and sparkle ... it's fabulous! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a fabulous take and love the added glitter. Wanted to let you know my Birthday card arrived on Saturday! I loved it and thank you so much for re-sending it, always a joy to get happy mail...made my day and brightens up my lounge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Like the circle layers and stars. The colors, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Ardyth. I love how you used the circles and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love how you offset the circles Ardyth. Fabulous take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design and colors, Ardyth. The added sparkle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You so rock the Muse challenges! Totally different cards, but still you know you were inspired! That was pretty awesome being Dirty for a first DT! Are you getting into the DD Challenges for August?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Nice touch of glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your design, Ardyth. I can see doing this in other colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - love the traditional colors paired with a bit of silver and a really cool, almost retro design! The square base is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh this is SO FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the offset circles, what a great design Ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your offset circles are fantastic Ardyth! Love the dimension and sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love your take on Lydia's card! Love how you did your circles and I do think they mimic Lydia's stripes. Love the stars and the sentiment. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card....oh my goodness, love your style!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.