Thursday 15 January 2015

Muse #100 - Hole-Hearted


This came to me as I fell asleep last night - I couldn't wait to get up and make this card for Muse #100 inspired by Michele's card



and for LIM206 - One-Layered, New Beginnings (this will be the card I use for my sister's wedding next month) and for Virginia's View #11 (my first time playing, finally!) Clean Slate.

To begin, I scored my card and then masked the inside panel before sponging it with Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves (I was actually with Virginia when I bought this colour of distress ink!). I left it to dry.

Then I cut a simple heart from the front, outlined it in Stardust Stickles. Done.

The song (for the Muse Challenge) is "Hole-Hearted" by Extreme. And I think it works for their other hit song "More than Words", in a weird way.

I hope you'll play along with us at Muse this week - it's Michele's first week as our newest DT member, it's our 100th challenge and it's our second anniverary! We've even got prizes for 5 random participants! Hope to see you there before the deadline on Monday at 8 am EST!

26 comments:

  1. Cas perfection and the touch of stickles inspired x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with what Sandie said above. Don't you love your inspiration comes when you sleep? Oh, I thought you used colored cardstock inside of your card! Awesome inking!!!!! May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbly simple but effective design !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this CAS creation- so simply, so stunning! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Ardyth ... LOVE it! Pinned! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word Ardyth... wonderful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorites!!! and also, More than Words, is my blog tag line, Ardyth!! So clever!
    I'm sending you one... anybody's guess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly CAS and perfect! I love the sophisticated yet seemingly simple design! Now how come I don't think of good designs when I fall asleep...hm...and great buy on the distress inks (I also bought some,too)!So glad that you (finally) join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.. u totally nailed it there.. perfection

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!WOW! and more WOW!
    Ardyth this is THE most CAS card I have ever seen but it is totally perfect and stunning.
    Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how you make CAS look so graphic and elegant! Just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how this came to you. CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is another one of your brilliant CAG cards that I adore. When I saw the card and then your song choices...swoon! Genius Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card....more than words!

    Of course, I couldn't stop at that cuz I also want to add that the sponged colors are amazing and that your sister is going to LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Ardyth! I love that you inked the inside instead of using cardstock and I love the sparkle going around the heart. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Beautifull CAS and so elegant.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely AMAZING...

    Sure wish CARD ideas came to me while I ma falling asleep...(never happens)..I did not get a "creative" BRAIN....But I so admire those who did!

    Like YOU! I always go to VOTE for YOUR cards...because they are best..and then I realize -- I can't, because it's YOURS! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is why you're awesome - I would have just slapped some coloured cardstock on the inside of my card but you ink it with not one but three colours! Clean and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple and beautiful!!! Or simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.