Saturday 23 February 2013

CFC91 - Hi Ho Silver!





This week, CASual Fridays has a completely fun challenge that just SCREAMED for a horsey card (I'm sure you all remember the Lone Ranger and his horse, Silver):



I am near the end of making a stack of cards for my sister's dressage trainer. This is a design that I just LOVE. This abstract Deadbeat Designs image is perfect for this minimalist treatment of 3 different embossing powders. And there's not much else to say about this card!

But I do have a response to a comment I received yesterday that made me laugh out loud about how I manage to achieve crisp stamping - is it the ink or the technique of stamping that I use? Well, to be serious for a minute, I'm back to using mostly Stampin' Up (old fabric) ink pads. I find as long as the inkpads are inked properly and the stamp is covered properly, they work pretty well most of the time. I do find that different stamps (clear vs rubber) take different ink differently. I usually use Whisper White for my card front panels - it's lovely and bright and smooth. And as for my technique. If only you could see how many of those pinwheels hit the recycling bin yesterday. I guess it is technique (and some luck), but since I have to just keep stamping until it happens, I'm not sure I can explain it to you!

Finally, if you've never played in a challenge, but would like to (or if even if you have), here's an interesting post that Jackie Rockwell wrote that gives some good tips and pointers for getting the most out of your experience!

20 comments:

  1. I love the embossing...it is absolutely stunning! And I hear you on the ink pads...grrr... :)! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! The simply horse image works perfectly with the embossing!

    I rather like the new SU pads - not had any issues with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card. You never cease to amaze. First the thinking around the corner. Silver = horse. Ha! (I realize you have horses on the brain at present.) This image. Exquisite! Had to look it up, but alas, rubber. I really like being able to see where I am with clear stamps. How do you achieve this line up with rubber? I suppose it's just your talent showing again, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this coming... the moment I saw the graphics for this week's challenge!
    I think we're getting to know each other too well!
    Another Black Beauty, oops no, another Silver Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your way of thinking "out of the box" -- fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! The sketchy horse never looked so elegant!

    And I like what you said about crisp stamping. Using good quality supplies makes all the difference. And there is no substitute for good ol' red rubber!

    Thanks for using my stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant. Love the silver, gold, and copper metallic horses. The black frame sets off these lovelies perfectly. Wowzah! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, Ardyth ... want to run my fingers over that fabulous embossing ... tried it on the screen but somehow it's just not the same! Thanks for the link to Jackie's wise words ... Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ardyth your horses are fab but i am so impressed with your perfectly clean embossing--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I giggled out loud when I saw the latest CFC sketch because I knew without one schmick of a doubt that a horsey stamp was going to be sporting silver in one form or another! You didn't disappoint - love the addition of the bronze and gold equines!

    Dear sis's horsey people are going to LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very classy card Ardyth! Love it! Thanks for the shout out about my post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a stunning card...your horses are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! I really love the card and thank you for the link. Enjoyed reading Jackie's wise word!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, so for the first time ever, I was NOT surprised when I saw the card you made for a challenge. Given the theme, I knew of course you were going to make a horse card! And a super cool one at that : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi... I saw your card on the CASual friday challenge blog... I LOVE IT! I am biased being a horse lover and owner, but I really admire your CAS approach, great image by the way! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another amazing card, Ardyth! So simple, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Ardyth...you are amazing!! LOVE the horse images...yes, minimalist and abstract...but sooooo cool...and in those metal embossing colors...LOVE IT!! So happy to see your wonderful creativity in the gallery each week:)!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.