Another one for this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge, to use dark red, green and gold.
And for this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World, Fantasy in Fall:
It's a bit difficult to describe how I did this, but I'll try.
1) Cut 2 circle masks. One for the outside of the wreath (big post it with a hole in the middle), one for the inside (solid circle)
2) Loosely placed the outside mask on the card. Lifted one corner of the mask to stamp the 3 big 'flowers' so that they would extend beyond the two masks.
3) Placed both masks down, and filled in the rest of the wreath with smaller circles of the same 3 colours (Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Old Olive).
4) Lifted off the masks, re-stamped the 3 big circles to make them stand out a bit more
5) Stamped my favourite Stampabilities sentiment in Versafine onyx (maybe brown would have been more true to the inspiration photo, but I wanted it dark so that it would stand out against the parts of the wreath that it would cover).
I was also inspired by this card by Laura Bassen:
and by this photo on my Inspiration board on Pinterest: