Wednesday 25 April 2012

Retrosketch # 8 - Double the Joy

Here's this week's Retrosketch:



First I made this one, reversing the sketch:


And then I thought, man, I should have made it square - there's SO MUCH green on this (as much as I love this dp!)

So I made this (and in real life, the red paper actually matches the red ink):


Which do you prefer?

Supplies:
Stamps: My Stamp Box (lots of dots)
Paper: SU! DP, Riding Hood Red, Gina K Pure Luxury Cream
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Circle nestabilities, Diamond Stickles

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ardyth! Very clever reversing the sketch!!! I'm loving the open white corner. I think both cards are great but I think the first one is my FAV! Sooooo glad you played along with us at RetroSketches this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... as usual, I like them both....but if I had a gun at my head forcing me to choose, I'd pick the second one as my favourite...(and then promptly turn around and offer it to the gunman!). Nice cards Ardyth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these are brilliant, just my kind of Christmas card :0)
    Clever way to use the sketch and I love the reversed version too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the square just feels better. I am always drawn, with awe, to well-done apertures, since I can't do them to save my life!

    Lots of inspiration on your site tonight.......love the way you used the Michael's stamps and the Uniko. Tomorrow I'll be caseing, hoping to turn out something as nice as yours. I have the same candle stamp and never would have thought to use it the way you did.

    Thanks,
    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the second one is such a great take on the challenge, but love the colors on both. The card just stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both cards. You may have used the same papers and colours but each is vey different.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.