Friday 8 April 2016

Deja Vu All Over Again


No, it's not Groundhog Day. Yes, I made this card (or actually this card) yesterday.

And then a perfect storm occurred:  Debby Hughes made this card (and an excellent instructional video to go with it) and I still had this  Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea stamp set and my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours out. I decided to give Debby's layered technique a try. There are some very clear signs of my amateur status on this, but I'm still pretty happy with it.

I did not do the spattering technique Debby did at the end, but I did spray the whole panel with Sparkle Shimmer Spray (you HAVE to get this stuff - it shines like diamonds (but of course doesn't photograph well! lol!))

I'm not sure I'll be turning into Watercolour-girl or anything, but it was fun to try something new and be fairly successful with it!

ETA: Linking up to Craft Stamper Magazine's April challenge: Spring Flowers.

16 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are very beautiful Ardyth! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions of your cards. Gorgeous, vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this version of your card Ardyth - the colours are fabulous, and the overall effect does not look in the least like a beginner's work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so wonderful - gorgeous stamp and fantastic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, you don't look like a beginner and there's nothing amateur about this card, Ardyth!!! Your watercolouring looks amazing!!!! So beautiful!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks perfect to me!!! Gorgeous colors and really cool results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you were waaaaay more than just 'fairly successful' with this technique. Mastered it for sure. Beautiful choice of colors for this image; they are gorgeous. I can see a hint of the SSS, and will be checking it out in a minute! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you have to try something new and I think you have nailed this....once again!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is terrific, too! (As I said to you yesterday, I've grown partial to this stamp white-embossed...) And in both cases, your watercolouring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks awesome in my book! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so impressed with your venture into watercolouring, Ardyth! Gorgeous card - and I can just see some of the shimmer top right. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I almost ordered this stamp but talked myself out of it. Now I'm thinking I need it again! lol Thanks a lot Ardyth! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be over the moon happy with this gorgeous layered watercolouring, Ardyth ... that hydrangea is a beauty! Yep, that shimmer spray is brilliant (I love it!) ... I see it glimmering at the top there! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous ..... love the colours. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Must admit I did a doubletake at the "ardyth" under the thumbnail... but the card had caught my eye with that amazing hydrangea so here I am! Kudos Ms. Watercolorer. I just last night followed a Kelly Latevola video to try a watercolor reflection "painting" ;)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.