Wednesday 4 April 2012

Combining challenges - A Moxie/Hero Day

I have to start combining challenges if I want to play in them all (and I do, I really do!)

The first challenge is from a new blog - A Blog Named Hero. I love Hero Arts - when I started stamping in 2006, many of my first stamps came from this company. And many of my favourites that I've held onto all this time are Hero Arts stamps.

This challenge asks us to use our favourite Hero Arts stamp. My all time favourite HA stamp is the one I used in this card (and many, many others!):


But, as you can see, this is an old card and we need to make new ones for this (and every!) challenge.

The other challenge is this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab world - Sweet Surprise



This just screams for a baby boy card, in my opinion, and my favourite baby sentiment stamp is a Hero Arts stamp - Perfect!

Here's my card:


I embossed the background in white (click to enlarge the photo) and then stamped some gingham using another background stamp.

This reminds me of St. Andrew's cross - perfect for a wee Scottish lad. Now I just need to find one....


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), PTI (gingham), ? background
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink: Marina Mist
Accessories: Stickles, oval dies


12 comments:

  1. Hi there, a wonderful perfect boy card! The background is super. You really have a nack of seeing 'outside the box 'with your inspirational photos. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, amazing. I had to click to enlarge - I could not believe that gingham was not a ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love this! The white one white background is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I love both the cards you have shared the flowers are bright & cheerful and I love gingham ribbon! Thank you for your comment over on Uniko Studio & for following the blog. Hugs Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I love both the cards you have shared the flowers are bright & cheerful and I love gingham ribbon! Thank you for your comment over on Uniko Studio & for following the blog. Hugs Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the gingham was ribbon, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful!

    Thank you so much for playing :)

    Good luck!

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are pretty! I love your take on the TT and the sentiment is so cute. TFS and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I really love giving people your cards...they are truly unique. I'll need to restock my "Birthday" selection next time you come to town. Also, just found out a friend of mine is pregnant, so I'll need to pick up one for her too. So glad you're in this business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! THought it was a ribbon - a stamped image?! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely cards, thank you so much for playing along with our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ardyth! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.