Monday 19 March 2012

FS267 - Pinkberry

 I've taken some Tylenol cold and while my cold symptoms (headache, stuffy nose, general aches and pains) have been alleviated, I'm feeling a little, well, loopy. Leave it to me to get 'high' on cold meds!

A good reason not to go anywhere, but stay home to play along with this week's Featured Stamper challenge. I chose four this week.

Here's the first:

When I saw this, it reminded me of another photo I had copied for inspiration:

Not that Diane's card reminded me of a shower curtain, but the gold in both photos spoke to me and I ended up with a very elegant birthday card:


I let the vellum layer overhang the white background to create two borders. In real life, this Egyptian Gold embossing really sparkles!


Second inspiration:

I love the long stemmed flowers and the colour combination. 

Here's my card (yes, I used that set AGAIN!)


My colours seemed a bit more muted, so I made it into a sympathy card. I learned from Susan at Simplicitybylateblossom that it's always good to have sympathy cards on hand because when you need one, you may not feel like making one!



Third inspiration is just my style:



I initially chose this one because I love the bright spring colours, and also because I have that embossing folder, but ended up not using it:


The tricky bit here was getting the stickles right into the holes in the flowers' centres!


Finally, one for the boys:



I knew just what to do - designer paper, my favourite new car and a cool sentiment:


Voila - a perfectly sleek card for the next boy turning 13! (or 33 for that matter!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Shower Curtain Birthday:
Stamps: Impress Rubber Stamps (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (various circles)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder


With Sympathy
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Both Way Blossoms), Hero Arts (with Sympathy)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Waterall Stickles


Rows of Flowers Birthday
Stamps: Papertrey
Paper: Yoyo Yellow, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: EK Success Flower border punch, Stardust Stickles


Car Birthday
Stamps: Stampin Up (Need for Speed), Papertrey (5 lines), Printworks (Happy Birthday)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Sahara Sand

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ardyth! I just posted my blog honoring you with a Liebster Award! I don't know how to link in a comment box, but will paste the url below. It's today's post if the link doesn't work.

    http://www.djkardkreations.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment on my card... i am so glad I came to look at your blog: it is filled with beautiful cards! I love your style and will stop by often! TFS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold on the vellum looks fantastic. I want to try that too!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.