Saturday 13 April 2024

Amazing Daisies


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (green, pink, orange, purple, blue, white), Techniques (stamping, fussy cutting), Elements (lots of white space, coloured sentiments, coloured stamping)

INCLUDE: green, pink, purple, white, stamping, white space

MODIFY: orientation of floral, stamped in black and coloured, left some uncoloured to keep a light feeling, black reverse sentiment (fussy cutting to create mask!), popped up whole circle panel

EXCLUDE:

SPIN: circle panel on square card

I loved the airiness of the inspiration cards. And I just got a super-pretty floral stamp set. This is a type of card I really haven't made in quite a while - stamped and coloured with copics. I wanted to try combining two of the stamps in the border set so I stamped the daisy border on my panel, then stamped it again on some 2 inch post-it tape, to create a mask. 

I then stamped a leaf-only stamp from the same set twice, once extending above, and once below the daisies. 

I coloured just the image from the first stamp, leaving the leaves from the second stamp white (and I realized my Copics need a spa day to be cleaned up and refilled!)

I trimmed the panel down with a circle die, to get rid of a smudge, and then added a reverse sentiment and popped up the panel before adding crystal glaze to the flower centres.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.