Saturday 10 February 2024

Silent Butterfly

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (pink, white, black), Techniques (die cutting, embossing), Elements (white frame, black mat, pink and white butterfly, embossed dots on butterfly, no sentiment, twine body/antennae)

INCLUDE: pink, white, black, embossing, no sentiment

MODIFY: stenciled instead of die cut butterflies, white 'frame', black embossed mat, embossing on mat instead of butterfly

EXCLUDE: twine

This inspiration is right up my alley - bold colours, strong shapes, very simple. I used a solid die cut to create a mask, and then a solid butterfly stencil to create the outer wings. I drew in the body and the attenae.

I popped up the panel over a black frame that had been embossed.

And then, I had a really hard time stopping. I tried sentiment after sentiment and had to resist adding any gems or sparkle. It was hard! lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.