Saturday 24 February 2024

Winter Cardinal

 

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!


LIST: Colours (red, white, brown), Techniques (die cutting, stamping), Elements (bare tree with cardinal, ribbon, sentiment strip, deckled edges, stamped red card base, stencil paste 'snow'.

INCLUDE: red, white, brown, die cutting, stamping, red frame

MODIFY: more trees, bigger bird, splattered snow, 

EXCLUDE: ribbon, sentiment strip, deckled edges



I love this colour combination at Christmas - it's kind of rustic and warm but still festive. I started by blending brown ink through the Abstract Forest stencil. Then I used a pinstripe stamp to stamp with a darker brown ink to add some texture to my trees. I spritzed the panel with iridescent shimmer spray and splattered some metallic watercolour for the look of snow.

I die cut my cardinal from white cardstock and blended red inks on. I used a black copic to create his mask, and a yellow copic for his beak. I added a shiny, beady eye with a dot of Crystal Glaze.





1 comment:

  1. A wonderful card Ardyth - love the texture you gave the trees!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.