Pages

Saturday 11 November 2023

The Lord Is Come

 

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (persimmon, yellow, blue, gold. white), Techniques (die cutting) Elements (nativity scene with circle around, pine trees, script die cut sentiment, shooting star, interesting background)

INCLUDE: persimmon, yellow, blue, white, nativity scene with circle, interesting (if I do say so myself!) background

MODIFY: stencil technique, added Joseph, embossed and inkblended frame, stamped sentiment, my star is not 'shooting'

EXCLUDE: pine trees

SPIN: square card




The non-traditional, but rich colours of this Christmas card really caught my eye. And the name of the colour - persimmon - it just sounds nice, doesn't it? lol!

I used a new layering stencil set from Concord &9 and then layered on some radiating glow by using some masking stencils and added a sentiment from Waffle Flower.  I used a smaller circle stencil to create a glow around Baby Jesus.  I spritzed the panel with shimmer spray - this adds shimmer and a velvety finish to the cardstock.

For my persimmon frame, I inkblended yellow, orange and red onto it, then embossed it with an embossing folder and spritzed shimmer spray and then splattered some gold watercolour on it.




2 comments:


  1. An exquisite CASE of the original card Ardyth, and brilliant use of the various stencils.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.