Pages

Saturday 4 November 2023

Poppy Thank You


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (red, white, green, brown), Techniques (stamping, die cutting), Elements (3 red flowers with lighter layers behind. leaves with lighter layers, oval white on red sentiment strip with stamping and scallops, twine, die cut leaves)

INCLUDE: red, white, green, brown, 

MODIFY: stencil shifting technique with lighter colours under darker colours for leaves and flowers, multiple flowers, die cut sentiment (but still white on red)

EXCLUDE: twine, die cut leaves

SPIN: gold splatter


I am on a mission to use all my new goodies in the 'unused' category in my Evernote inventory. So even though this stencil is probably meant for spring time, I used it with deep reds to make poppies.

The thing that really fascinated me about my inspiration this week was the idea of layering a lighter colour behind the deeper colour for the flowers and leaves. I think the stamp set used was meant for this, but I thought why can't I just shift my stencil a bit to let those lighter colours show through.







No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.