Pages

Saturday 18 November 2023

Holly Jolly Christmas

 

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!



LIST: Colours (red, white, pink, silver), Techniques (embossing, die cutting), Elements (grid of hearts, oval sentiment panel, heat embossed stamped sentiment)

INCLUDE: red, white, grid of small shapes, , die cutting, 

MODIFY: colours, stenciled instead of die cut, small cirlce   and die cut for sentient

EXCLUDE: hearts, oval, heat embossing, scallops

You all know I love a grid layout, and I've had this idea ever since I got this half-circle stencil. I wanted to blend it then turn the stencil to create these 3/4 pie shapes. But the circles didn't match up when I turned the stencil. I was not going to be defeated by that! lol! I masked off one of the half-circle shapes and blended darker green ink through individaully.

Then I used a similar technique to mask around a circle on another stencil and I added some red berries

I have a couple of sentiment stamp sets that have these little 'type-written' greetings that fit perfectly in small circle die cuts. I added a red frame and added it to a die-cut Christmas word






1 comment:

  1. What a great 'detour' you devised to end up with the design that you wanted on the cards Ardyth - well done, and both card are gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.