Pages

Saturday 28 October 2023

Merry Rings




Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (red, blue, yellow, white), Techniques (stamping), Elements (3 geometric/mandalas, buttons, stamped red sentiment)

INCLUDE: 3 colours & white, circular elements, red sentiment

MODIFY: green instead of blue, overlapping stenciled shapes instead of stamped mandalas, die cut sentiment

EXCLUDE: buttons

This week I took a very clean and simple inspiration and went a bit wild. Maybe it's a little difficult to see the journey I took from there, to here.

I changed the blue to green to make it more 'festive' in feel. I used two shades of each colour for more visual interest. I used circular elements but mine were of different sizes, and I overlapped them. They are made up of stripes, which gives a kind of candy-cane feel.

I die cut my sentiment, and I added some pinstripe stamping to tie it into the feeling of the striped 'wreath' shapes. I used die cut 'embellishments' to look a little bit like the buttons.

The end result is a big jumble of happy, festive colours, and I think it feels like the wrapping paper being thrown all over the room on Christmas morning. A very happy day indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cheerful and fun card as a result of your inspiration Ardyth - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.