Pages

Saturday 2 September 2023

Merry Christmas Poinsettia



Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (purple, green, white, yellow), Techniques (die cutting), Elements (single 'half'-flower with white outline, sentiment strip, varied background, white lacy mat on dark card base).

INCLUDE: green, white, yellow, die cutting, flower, sentiment strip, varied background

MODIFY: gel prints instead of patterned paper, poinsettia/Christmas instead of thank you theme, red instead of purple, full flower, stitching instead of lace on white mat, white circle mat instead of white outline on the flower, flower centred instead of to the right






I love that deep purple colour but it's time for me to start making some Christmas cards, so I changed up the occasion and used red instead of blackberry. I created my red and green 'paper' with a gel plate and some shimmery acrylic paints. I love how easy it is to create so much interest by using different shades of the 'solid' colour you want, and layering them up for depth. 

My poinsettia didn't have an outline, so I added the effect with a white circle mat behind the flower



1 comment:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.