Saturday 8 July 2023

Sunflowers

 

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (blue, yellow, brown, black, white), Technique (fun-fold, stencil, stamping), Elements (sunflowers, get well theme)

INCLUDE: blue, yellow, brown, black, white, fun-fold, sunflower

MODIFY: one die cut sunflower, 

EXCLUDE: sentiment, stencilling

Is there anything happier than sunflowers on a bright blue background? I loved the colours and the fun-fold of my inspiration.

To mimic the artistic, watercoloured look of my inspiration, I created my own coloured paper in yellow, blue and brown, using Lindy's Magicals and my gel plate. While they dried, I made a z-fold card and die cut the Sweet Sunflower from A Jillian Vance Design. from black cardstock - I glued the black outline to the backer.

Then I inlaid the yellow petals and the brown centre . I trimmed the blue cardstock into two panels to create the background/inside of the card.

Then I made another one in white!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.