Pages

Saturday 15 July 2023

Geo Thanks

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (brown, rust, cream), Techniques (electronic die cut), Elements (cubes built from die cut diamonds, vertical cream area with woven ribbon stripe, raised round embellishments (brads?), patterned paper on one side of the cubes

INCLUDE: brown rust, cubes, clear area

MODIFY: added blue and yellow, stencil instead of cut, portrait instead of landscape, wider 'free space' beyond the pattern, splatter instead of patterned paper, sentiment instead of ribbon, stamping instead of brads

EXCLUDE: ribbon, brads

I love geometrics and lately I'm fascinated with fall colours of teal and orange. I masked off the top portion of a cube-builder stencil to leave some white space, and then I masked each diamond down the centre, to blend two colours on each one, taking my cubes into this really fun, dimensional triangle/star-type thing, so it's quite a different look.

I splattered gold watercolour to mimic the patterned paper on my inspiration, and stamped little dots in each corner of the pattern.



1 comment:

  1. A fascinating use of the stencil, Ardyth, and I love your colour choices!! A fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.