Saturday 20 May 2023

Merry and Bright

 


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper! 


LIST: Colours (red, black, pale aqua, yellow, green) Techniques (die cutting, stamping), Elements (3x4 grid of stitched squares, tone on tone stamping, ribbon, black frame)

INCLUDE: red, black, aqua, yellow, green, die cutting, 

MODIFY: 2x2 grid of stitched squares, spaced out, die cut lights instead of stamped images, shifted colours for visibility, added a sentiment,

EXCLUDE: ribbon

SPIN: square card, white border

I love a grid and was fascinated with the colour combination on my inspiration card.  I cut and inkblended squares and some Lawn Fawn Christmas lights, and created dimension by masking the edge of each light and then blending a darker shade (that white 'highlight) is a cut out and shows the base layer of the die cut and also adds dimension).

I put the squares onto a larger stitched square and noted the similarity to a certain tech-related logo...

My original idea was to have tone-on-tone lights on each square, but when it came time to put them on, they just disappeared, so I shifted them along by one square. 

I finished with a stacked up die cut sentiment from Avery Elle.








2 comments:

  1. Such a fun and cheerful card Ardyth - and great use of the card you chose as your inspiration piece
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.