Pages

Saturday 13 May 2023

Beachy Happy Birthday

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (blue, yellow, white), Techniques (colouring, dry embossing), Elements (large blue flower, birthday, dotted ribbon, stamped sentiment, embossed background, lots of layers)

INCLUDE: Colours (more greeny blue), dry embossing, large blue flower, birthday, stamped sentiment, embossed background, birthay

MODIFY: stencil360 instead of coloured flower, circle focal panel, sentiment instead of flower centre, dew drops instead of dots on ribbon, fewer layers

EXCLUDE: ribbon

SPIN: square card 

The inspiration is vibrant and classic, and I wanted to change up the techniques. I created my two-toned blue flower with my Stencils 360 tool and the circular dahlia stencil. I created a beautifully blended background (if I do say so myself! lol!) by using the sticky mat that came with the Altenew Stampwheel as a gel press, with two aqua inks and a brayer (I may never ink blend a panel again - so easy and so fast!). I embossed that panel with a new geometric embossing folder.

I stamped my sentiment in orangey-yellow and put it across the centre of the flower to combine the inspiration's sentiment strip and flower centre. And I finished with some Apricot dew drops for a little shine.



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing use of the stencil, and the sticky mat!! A stunning result Ardyth
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.