Saturday 4 February 2023

Stained Glass Happy Birthday

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (white, black, gray, blue, green, orange, red, yellow), Techniques (stencil, colouring, die cutting), Elements (brick wall, stained glass window, no sentiment)

INCLUDE: white, gray, green, blue, yellow, die cutting, stained glass, no sentiment

MODIFY: added pink, used chrome metallic instead of black
technique - inlaid die cut with ink blending

EXCLUDE: brick wall background

SPIN:

I am always drawn to the look of stained glass - the crisp outlines and the bright colours just make me happy!

I started by cutting some chrome cardstock and white cardstock with the Quilt Background from A Pocketful of Happiness. 

I blended ink onto the white cardstock shapes while they were still in place.

I glued the chrome outline to a piece of printer paper and then filled in the spaces with the colourful pieces, but randomly, not in the same place where they were blended (hope that makes sense!).

This die does not have straight edges, but it's easy to create them by cutting the inlaid panel with an Essentials by Ellen Essential Rectangle, which cuts a narrow frame. Then I used the same rectangle die to cut the same frame from the chrome cardstock. You can do this with any nesting dies, but these dies make it so easy!

I finished with a Paper Rose sentiment and some Studio Katia iridescent gems.


1 comment:

  1. WOW - this is stunning work Ardyth - love your stained glass technique!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.