Saturday 18 February 2023

Bold Happy Birthday

 


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (pink, green, yellow, white), Techniques (stamping, die cutting), Elements (roses/leaves, splatter, vellum strip, white die cut sentiment, clear sequins)

INCLUDE: pink, green, yellow, white, die cutting, splatter, vellum, white die cut sentiment

MODIFY: die cut circles instead of stamped flowers and leaves, bolder shades of colours, flower element through embossing the panel, circle vellum instead of strip, birthday instead of sympathy, gold w/c splatter instead of stamped, pink gems instead of clear sequins

EXCLUDE:

SPIN: square card

I love these 3 colours together and I'm on a mission to use up some of my backgrounds, so I grabbed 3 bold, pretty solid ones from my 'background box' and die cut lots of circles from them. I blended ink onto half of each circle to add some subtle interest, and adhered them to a white panel before embossing it all.

I added some gold watercolour splatter. 

I added a die cut sentiment stacked on top of a pearlescent vellum circle. If your die cut needs 'legibility' help but doesn't have its own shadow, using a simple shape like a circle is a great option.



1 comment:

  1. What a great card Ardyth - love the way you used the colours and coloured and made your own circle elements. The embossing is a wonderful detail on this gorgeous creation
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.