Saturday 14 January 2023

Leafy Happy Birthday

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!


LIST: Colours: (White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Brown) Techniques (stamping, die cutting), Elements (autumn leaves, white space, die cut sentiment, frame, 3 die cut leaves)

INCLUDE: white, yellow, orange, green, die cut sentiment, leaves, white space

MODIFY: added pink and gold, changed from fall to spring, stenciled background, 3 die cut flowers instead of leaves, 

EXCLUDE: mat/frame

SPIN: square card

Somehow, I can make Christmas cards all year long, but I'm not ready for autumn cards until September! lol!  Still, I love the warmth of these leaves and the addition of the little die-cut leaves so I used these ideas to make a more spring-y card.

I created my leafy background by extending a circular leaf frame stencil. I blended green ink through the circle of leaves, then masked that circle, moved the stencil to each of the 4 corners and blended some more leaves to get a more continuous look.

I blended ink onto 3 flower die cuts and then added depth with darker shades of Copic Markers.

My die cut sentiment was stacked up with some Inca gold cardstock for the top layer. I finished with Enchanted Forest gems for the flower centres and the dot on the i.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card you have used for your inspiration Ardyth, and you have CASED it beautifully. Love those wee flowers you added :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.