Saturday 12 November 2022

LIMES - Gel Noel

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (white, silver), Techniques (heat embossing, dry embossing), Elements (embossed background, LOVE theme, 4 letters in a grid, monochrome, square focal/sentiment, silver frames)

INCLUDE: heat embossing, dry embossing, 4 letter grid

MODIFY: used metallic rainbow colours, die cutting instead of stamp/embossing for grid (got 2 cards with the die cuts!), put heat embossing on the background and dry embossing on the grid

EXCLUDE: 

SPIN: square card

I love grids and I love squares, so elegant wedding card is right up my alley. I used an old gel print, cut into squares and then die cut my letters from the squares. Then I used an embossing folder on the square letters to add interest and dimension.

I heat embossed clear stripes onto a black square panel for my background - it's subtle but the embossing shines through the holes in the squares.

I popped up the square letters and instead of using the letter centres, I strategically placed some golden illusion gems to act as the centres and add some sparkle.

Then I used the letters themselves to make another card! Gotta love a 2-for-1!


1 comment:

  1. What a great LIMES project Ardyth, and even better your got a twofer!! Wonderful results
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.