Sunday 21 August 2022

LIMES: Happy Birthday Dots & Flowers


Welcome to my weekly LIMES post, where I choose an inspiration and use LIMES to create my own version.

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper, Pam:

LIST: Colours (pink, white, yellow orange, pops of green and blue), Techniques (stamping, colouring die cutting, dry embossing), Elements (dot patterns, dimensional flowers, watering can, circle focal panel with dry embossing, scalloped mat, sentiment strip, green ribbon

INCLUDE: pink, white, yellow, orange, green, dot patterns, flowers, circle, popped up sentiment on lower right side

MODIFY: changed the proportion of colours, combined the circle focal panel with my sentiment, left more white space around the dots, fewer flowers

EXCLUDE: watering can, scalloped frame, dry embossing, ribbon


I really love how pretty and feminine Pam's pink card is, and the two things that attracted me most were the dot patterns in the background and the abundance of pretty flowers. I cut down on both elements by creating a single dot pattern and only 3 flowers, creating a very clean and simple birthday card. 



2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Ardyth - the crisp greens and gorgeous flowers are beautiful - and it's a great CASE of Pam's card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.