Sunday 2 January 2022

Thought of You Today

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, kellysrose.

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (peach, purple, black, white), Techniques (die cutting, stamping, watercolour?), Elements (die cut floral background, watercolour stripe background, butterfly, pierced frame around sentiment die cut, thinking of you theme, ribbon, jewel embellishments).

INCLUDE: pastel colours, die cutting, floral background, thinking of you theme

MODIFY: stripes are mutlicolour, floral background is stenciled rather than die cut on top, butterfly is now dragon fly, pierced frame around whole panel, stickles instead of jewels

EXCLUDE: ribbon

SPIN: 4.25" square card, rainbow


I started by die cutting the Cinnamon background die from white cardstock and spraying the back with Pixie Spray. I blended a rainbow of pastel Catherine Pooler inks through, in horizontal stripes, then removed the home made stencil and blended the ink  over for a softer, tone on tone look.  I used EBE Essential Squares for Stitching to create my pierced frame, and backed my panel with a piece of bIack cardstock so that the holes are high-contrast. I created my sentiment from two Catherine Pooler stamp sets, and stamped and die cut the dragonfly onto white cardstock. I coloured it with copics and coated the wings with Star Dust Stickles.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card Ardyth - love your stencilling
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.