Sunday 30 January 2022

Happy Birthday!

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper Carolinakathy.

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (rainbow, black, silver, white), Techniques (die cutting), Elements (Christmas card, snowflakes, black background, silver dots)

INCLUDE: rainbow colours, black, white, dots, 

MODIFY: changed snowflakes to stars, die cuts to stamping, occasion to birthday, put colours on white background with black frames. silver embellishments to dew drops

EXCLUDE: 

SPIN: Negative Frame

This card is the result of even more playing with Altenew's Fancy Star Builder set. I started by stamping the largest star in a rainbow of Catherine Pooler inks, overlapping them as I went.

Then I used two of the dot stamps and Twilight ink to fill in some of the in-between spaces.

I cut the panel with two Essential Rectangles dies - these cut a narrow frame, which I left out when I adhered them to a panel of black cardstock. I used a czdesigns Birthday die for my sentiment.

I added Dew Drops to the grey dots inside the frame for some shine and sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. Again a beautiful card !!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this Ardyth - I always admire you negative frames, and then forget to use the concept! :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.