Saturday 8 January 2022

Happy Birthday in Blue


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Leslie!

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours - blues and white, Techniques - stamping and die cutting, Element - layered coloured cardstock-border die cuts with piercing, stamped stars, stamped sentiment along bottom border, Christmas theme, hanging 'ornament'.

INCLUDE: colours - blues and whites

MODIFY: ink-smooshed panel used for border die cuts, curves become diamonds, theme changed to birthday, added heat embossed sentiment on vellum strip, splatter instead of jewel embellishments

EXCLUDE: stars, hanging ornament

SPIN: square card


I started by creating an ink-smooshed panel using Juniper Mist, Skylight, Shea Butter and Rouge inks from Catherine Pooler. I added gold, blue and purple metallic splatter. 

When it was dry, I cut the panel with a Pretty Pink Posh diamond border die. I adhered them all to a white panel and then trimmed it down to a square. I added Juniper Mist ink to the edges of a slightly larger square for my navy mat.

My Ellen Hutson birthday sentiment was stamped and embossed with gold onto Pearlescent vellum from Lawn Fawn.

2 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful card Ardyth - love the colours you combined on that fabulous feature panel. Awesome work
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.