Wednesday 13 October 2021

Lego-Inspired Cards for Teen Boys



 Teen. Boys. These two words strike fear into many cardmakers' hearts, mine included. In my extended family I have 3 nephews who have birthdays in late autumn, and when I find a design I like, they often all get the same card (even the twins! lol! I made 2 15 cards and 1 14 card)

We love Lego, and we even watch YouTube videos about the latest sets. This design was inspired by the Lego World Map kit:

I focused on the colours and the dots.

I started by stamping an old MFT background stamp (Simply Circles) onto white cardstock, and then I used Copic markers to colour in the dots. I finished by filling in the white spaces between the dots with a black marker, trimming the panel and gluing it to a black card base.

I made a mistake on my 4th panel and had to cut it down, and made this one:



1 comment:

  1. Yes, good old Lego - I have a grandson who is very clever with it, and a Lego themed card is always appreciated. Love these Ardyth, and will keep them in mind for next year... you may see a CASE! Thanks for the inspiration
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.