Saturday 9 October 2021

Happy Birthday!


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Dagmar (gutsport56).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: Colours (blue, yellow, purple, red, black, cream), Techniques (, square iris fold with black centre, embossing folder background) Elements (geometric feel, floral embossing, birthday sentiment strip with faux stitching around edges)

INCLUDE: colours (except cream), square, geometry, embossing, birthday sentiment, faux stitching

MODIFY: from fold to inkblending with embossing, die cut sentiment over faux stitching circle, variations within the colours created by splatter rather than patterns in the paper.

EXCLUDE: iris fold, floral element, cream cardstock

SPIN: square card, added holographic cardstock for my sentiment, and tilted the sentiment

I started with a square panel of white cardstock and I blended yellow, blue, purple and pink inks from each corner, allowing the colours to overlap and blend to create a rainbow. Then I used an embossing folder to add a geometric element and splattered the panel with white and black paint.

My sentiment was created with two black circles. One formed the base, and the top circle had the little holes added around the edge with a Ellen Hutson stitching die. Then I die cut and inlaid the white base of my sentiment. Having that second circle as the base allowed me to easily piece the top circle together with the white sentiment shadow and also meant that the stitching holes show black through them, which make them more subtle, like Dagmar's.

Finally I cut the actual sentiment from some holographic cardstock to add some sparkle!


1 comment:

  1. Love your sentiment technique Ardyth, and a fabulous card overall. Another great CASE
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.