Sunday 22 August 2021

Calm & Bright


Congratulatiions to this week's Featured Stamper, Akiko (apsudano).

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (blue, green, yellow, orange, black, kraft), Elements (trees, tent, stamped sentiment strip, twine, black frame), Techniques (inkblending, stamping, die cutting)

INCLUDE: blue, green, yellow, kraft, trees, stamped sentiment, inkblended sky, 

MODIFY: trees are inkblended vs stamped, yellow star instead of yellow tent, white frame and sentiment, 

EXCLUDED: twine, tent, sunset sky


I started by using a new stencil from Studio Light to create my trees. I used the treeline portions of the stencil and Spruce ink to create layers of trees, using different pressures to create the look of perspective in my little forest.

I blended Juniper Mist ink from the top to the tree line to create my night sky. I used a white paint marker to splatter some snow over the panel.

I used a Studio Light die set to create my star, but in an unexpected way. The larger star die has textured rays in it, but it was too big for my scene. So I cut a larger one and then cut it with the smaller die so that the texture would be on the smaller star.

I blended it with yellow inks and stacked it up. My sentiment is a retired sentiment from Neat & Tangled, heat embossed with white powder.

1 comment:

  1. Love the vista you have created with you layers of stenciling Ardyth - a stunning card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.