Saturday 10 July 2021

Christmas in July (Layered Snowflake)

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Deb. 

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: colours (navy, white, periwinkle), elements (repeating geometric floral die cuts, large sentiment strip for die cut sentiment), techniques (die cutting)

INCLUDE:  layered die cuts, colours, horizontal sentiment strip

MODIFY: one snowflake instead of multiple flowers, stamped sentiment, narrower strip, navy to dark periwinkle

EXCLUDE:

SPIN: add iridescent embellishments

To create my layered snowflake, I used a two-part die from Studio Light. I cut the 'window' portion from my Drive In cardstock, and then used both parts to cut the white snowflake. I turned the white snowflake before gluing it to the blue panel, so you can see some of the blue showing through.

I blended Tranquil ink onto my white cardbase before popping up the snowflake panel to create some dimension.

The EBE sentiment was stamped with Versafine Onyx ink onto a Color-Me Strip. I stacked 3 strips together for dimension.

I finished the card with some Dew Drops from Lucy.




1 comment:

  1. A stunning card with the blues and white Ardyth - the layering gives the card a look of real depth.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.