Sunday 6 June 2021

Butterfly Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Jaque (jeddibamps).

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: colours (pink, white, gold), white frame, intricate floral die cut, ribbon/yarn, bee, birthday sentiment

INCLUDE: white frame, pink and gold, white outline images, 

MODIFY: masked frame and sentiment strip, changed technique to stencil/blended ink, gold splatter, 


EXCLUDE: bee, ribbon/yarn

SPIN: Square card

I started by masking off a border and an area for my sentiment on a square piece of white cardstock. I laid the Butterfly Background stencil down and blended Tiki Torch, Pucker Up and Flirty Fuchsia through. Before I removed the stencil and the masking tape, I splattered Altenew gold watercolour over top.

When I removed the stencil, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment, and then used Ellen Hutson Essential Square dies to cut a negative frame from the panel. I popped the frame and square up with foam tape and added some gold gems.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful CASE of the featured stamper Ardyth - love how you have taken her elements and made them your own on our gorgeous card.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love It! i think I may go make a card with his same technique.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.