Sunday 16 May 2021

Tulip Birthday

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Robyn!

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: Colours - greens & pink, floral theme, one large image split up, small stamped sentiment

INCLUDE: green and pink, flowerd, die cuts,

MODIFY: added yellow, stamped on base with popped out die cuts

EXCLUDE:

SPIN: 'faux' gel-press background


I started by creating a background by simply using my CP Mini inkpads as 'stamps'. I criss-crossed and layered up to give lots of interest and choppy texture. (Pro tip: make sure your inkpads are juicy!)

I spritzed the background with shimmer spray and then set it aside to dry.

I stamped the new Ellen Hutson Mondo Tulip and That Thing You Did birthday sentiment with black ink. Then I chose 3 circle dies that fit around the tulips and cut them from the panel. I popped up the circles with foam tape.

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card!! So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - love the background and your colours are gorgeous - great trreatment of the stamped image too. Wonderful card Ardyth
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.