Wednesday 7 April 2021

Light Switch Inspiration

Did you know that LIMES works for inspirations other than cards? Check out this photo from @midmodmidwest (on Instagram).

LIST: Colours (gold/wood, white, deep teal), layers of white light switch covers over circular table, stripey, off-white background.

INCLUDE: colours, circle, white overlay with teal accents, non-white background

MODIFY: shapes from rectangles to flowers

EXCLUDE: um. the light switch covers! lol!



Who knew you could be inspired by a pile of light switch covers? Of course, it's not the light switch covers themselves, it's more about the arrangement and colours that attracted me (kudos to the photographer!)

I started by using my gel press and Catherine Pooler inks to create the coloured cardstock for the circular wooden table top and the teal accents.

Then I used the Reverse Confetti Big Flower Coverplate and cut it twice - once from white, then once from the teal cardstock.

I inlaid the teal pieces into the white outline and then used an Essential Circles die to trim it down so that everything fit neatly on my 'table'.

My background was created from a ghost print from my gel press, as I tried to clean it off with carsdtock, after I finished with the 'wood' and teal panels.

The sentiment is from Pretty Pink Posh.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing inspiration you have used Ardyth, and the resulting card is a stunner
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.