Thursday 4 March 2021

Finding Patterns in Patterns

 


You know I love to get more out of my stamps and one way to do this is to find a pattern within a pattern. This Peacock Patter background from MFT Stamps is classic and beautiful, and I found tulips!

I started by stamping the background with copic-friendly ink onto a white panel. I used a MISTI and left the stamp on the door.

I isolated and coloured the row of tulips with Copic markers and then cut masks before blending ink over the rest of the panel.

Finally, I put the panel back into the MISTI and restamped with embossing ink before heat embossing with gold powder.

I trimmed the panel with two Essential Squares dies which cut frames around them - I popped the two squares up on a black panel and then added a heat embossed sentiment.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this is stunning Ardyth - it gives the impression of a stained glass window too!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. I was going through my stash yesterday and found this stamp. As I looked I thought 'oh tulips!' what a great idea. And then, I thought 'I think I've seen this before!'. Thanks for the idea xx

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.